Reading Tips For Parents & Educators
Find expert reading strategies and useful tips to help introduce children to the wonderful world of reading on their own with I Can Read!
It’s never too early to introduce your child to the world of reading. A good place to start is by creating a home environment where reading is not only enjoyed, but is part of everyday life. Here are some simple ways to make it easier and more fun for your child to read:
- Fill your home with magazines, picture books, and newspapers.
- Visit the library together or read about Biscuit’s trip to the library first to get your child excited.
- Use different voices or accents for the characters in the story.
- Let your child choose the reading material, and slowly introduce him or her to new genres and characters.
- Choose the right book for your child’s reading level.
For one hundred more tips on helping your child become an enthusiastic reader, check out our free guide I Can Read!: 100 Tips for Beginning Readers here. You can also follow our Facebook page for daily reading tips!
How do you build a home environment that encourages reading? Share your thoughts and ideas below!